We hope that you will use this board, in part, to find inspiration in existing resources. Select and explore one or two of the resources linked below:
- Ready for Success: Creating Collaborative and Thoughtful Transitions into Kindergarten
- Family Engagement in Transitions: Transition to Kindergarten
- A New Approach to Transitions: Welcoming Families and Their Ideas Into Kindergarten Classrooms
- Parenting Plays a Key Role as African American Boys Move From Preschool to Kindergarten
- Transitions: A Community Perspective on Transitioning into Kindergarten (video)
In the comments, tell us:
- What new ideas and strategies did you learn from your reading or video viewing?
- Based on what you read or heard, what do you see as the main barriers facing families during the transition? Facing children? Teachers? Community members?
- Have you encountered similar barriers in your transition work with families and children? If so, how did you handle them?